Philanthropy Journal accepts submission of unsolicited articles. Please note the following guidelines:
- All content submitted for consideration to Philanthropy Journal is subject to editing and may be declined.
- To be considered for a Feature article, please submit at least four weeks in advance of publication dates.
- Content that promotes products or services will not be considered.
- Our suggested word count is 800 words. For articles that go significantly over that, we accept either having the piece broken up with subheadings or split into a multi-part series.
- Original content drafted specifically for our use will be labelled as Special to Philanthropy Journal. If we are sharing information, the original source will be noted in the tagline.
- Provide a current high-resolution photo of the author and any additional logos and images that help to illustrate the piece..
- Content and article pitches should be sent to email@example.com.
To submit material for our News section, which focuses on news about grants, gifts, people, groups, opportunities, and initiatives, please note the following guidelines:
- Any press releases received will be edited for brevity and may be declined.
- Content for fundraising projects, book reviews, advertisements, or material that is not philanthropy related will not be considered.
- Content related to grants, gifts, peoples, groups, opportunities, and initiatives should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the Nonprofit News is updated every Monday. To ensure that your news is current, please submit materials no later than two business days in advance.
Philanthropy Journal Feature stories follow an Editorial Calendar highlighting the great work happening around the globe. Each month we focus on a different topic of relevance to the global conversations that impact our communities.
Our Resource articles, which publish every other week, provide tools and new understanding for our audiences to be better informed, better practitioners and supporters of this work.
Our Nonprofit News digests publish each Monday, offering a finger on the pulse of great work happening each week.
Opinion pieces publish on a monthly basis, as they are received.
Resources, News and Opinions are not required to follow the Editorial Calendar topic schedule.
We welcome story ideas from our dedicated readers as well as guest submissions by writers who focus on topics of relevance to the nonprofit sector. Please review our submission guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns, email us at email@example.com, or call 919-728-0451 during business hours (Monday through Friday, 9 am – 5 pm EST).
Stories of orgs and people who have reinvented themselves. Letter from Editor on the reboot, our vision.
|February||Black Lives Matter||2.7.22||
Social Justice and racial reform/reconciliation around the globe
March 8 is International Women’s Day – this month we commemorate the cultural, political, and socioeconomic achievements of women
Coverage of the environmental crisis and work around addressing climate change
Who is shaking up the funding dynamic – orgs, people and foundations who are changing the way we think about nonprofit support
|6.6.22||June is Pride Month in the US. How are LGBTQIA+ rights and issues being addressed across the globe?|
|July||The Issues Issue||7.4.22||What are the prevalent issues around the globe and highlight orgs/people addressing them?|
|August||Disaster||8.1.22||Orgs working in the disaster relief space|
|September||Back to School||9.5.22||Schools, orgs, teachers, education spaces in all forms|
|October||Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll||10.3.22||Who are the rock stars affecting positive change in the sex trafficking and drug epidemic areas?|
|November||Hunger||11.7.22||Focus on people and organizations addressing global hunger issues.|
|December||Faith and Philanthropy||12.5.22||An exploration of philanthropy across different religions through Christian, Islamic, Judaic and other faith-based organizations.|